Dream Report version 5.0 R2 is now available to all 5.0 customers.
This latest release of Dream Report is now here and it creates a lot of extra value for Dream Report users, especially around the area of Administrator Productivity. New centralised management tools enable the configuration and management of visualisation attributes, time definitions and document settings.
There are two types of industrial reporting: Compliance and Performance. Traditional industrial reporting requires a significant amount of IT resources to implement and maintain, so only the most critical reports are typically provided, such as compliance reports. Performance reports or ad-hoc reports for troubleshooting a problem or studying a process improvement idea are often hard to justify, based on the IT resources needed.
Dream Report provides Industrial companies with a reporting tool that dramatically reduces the need for scarce IT resources through configuration-based report design, scheduling and generation. It dramatically simplifies the design and delivery of production and performance reports to industrial workers and managers. It's ease of use translates into the delivery of more reports to more workers, enabling better decision making and ultimately improved business performance.
What's new in Dream Report?
Dream Report 5.0 changes the game for industrial reports and dashboards by expanding its user interface with new and true interactive dashboard design and operation.
No other industrial product is as capable as Dream Report for reports and dashboards. This latest release delivers even more valuable features, designed for every market and every application including:
New Advanced Visualisation Condition Manager
Create Visualisation Conditions in one place and reference them throughout your various report and dashboard objects.
In the past, visualisation was only available at the object level. Making changes in one place and referencing visualisation conditions by name saves a tremendous amount of time, depending on your application, a 10x or more improvement in productivity and it makes system wide updates a simple and quick process, not to mention the avoidance of basic human errors.
New Time Definition Manager
Create Time Schedules in one location and reference them in Reports – As with the Advanced Visualisation Manager, making changes in one place and referencing conditions saves major amounts of time and reduces errors.
Enhanced search features
It's now easier to look-up of specific reports and dynamic tokens in look-up lists,
saving time and reducing errors.
IIoT support – new MQTT driverIn an internet full of things, the most common protocols for data access are OPC UA (already in Dream Report)
and MQTT data access with JSON Messaging. Dream Report now offers a very configurable MQTT Driver to
access IOT, IIOT, Industry 4.0 device data.
Additional new enhancements to functionality include:
- Custom and customisable graphical script objects for data display on reports. See the data exactly as you wish.
- CSV Files driver enhancement - dynamically search-and-replace special characters in tag names
- Analytical Data Server (ADS), to feed external applications with data/statistics/calculations from Dream Report
- New module for advanced cost calculation (support for tariffs/billing calculations)
- New reports output format – XML
- Electronic signature support in web portal
- Advanced ODBC Alarms driver
- New system driver, providing access to internal system information.
- Significant performance improvements when running with AVEVA Historian
- Line Charts enhancements - reordering of tags on a trend, and Y-axis scale formatting and precision
- Ability to test connection to a Mail Server in Dream Report Studio
- New "Summary View" (cross reference) of every report's settings
- Ability to specify different destination folders for Virtual Report Instances
- Data Models - add custom descriptions and engineering units to data model items
- Display Widgets - dynamic limit values now supported
- SQL Table object - expose table footer values to other objects in the project
- Updated Web API - print a report from a Web API call
- Visibility of reports folder in the Web Portal based on permission